Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Lamborghini of Plasma

I donated blood yesterday.

It was quite the experience.

I've donated blood before. Lots of times. Heck I've donated plateletts and plasma (it takes like 10x as long to give plateletts than to give blood) so I consider myself a pro. I look at all those other people and think that they should man up and give plasma. Everyone needs plasma. EVERYONE.

Well not true. And even more important, I don't give plasma....cause it makes me act funny. And when I say funny I mean.....LIKE A SAVAGE BEAST THAT CAN'T GET ENOUGH FOOD AND THINKS SHE'S DYING AND THAT EVERYTHING IS FUNNY AND NO ONE LIKES TO BE AROUND HER. I dislike it.

So yesterday I'm sitting there with my single buddies and my lil Duckie (that's Jordans nickname the seester) and they call me up for my interview (Have you ever had sex with anyone that has had sex with anyone that might have had sex with someone that was around people with yellow Jaundice?) and the lady scans my card into the system (Cause I'm a pro. Told ya) and looks at me and says "You have the Lamborghini of Plasma. What are you doing here? Your plasma goes to BABIES." And kind of just stared at me. I who dislikes being put on the spot said. "I dislike giving it because it makes me light headed." HAHAH Well the world thought it would be funny and karma was hanging around in the back and after I power through my little quart of blood (I did it in like a flat three minutes) I go to sit up and bam here comes the dizziness and the Ice packs. Oh what is that you say? No big deal? Well you obviously didn't have to stare at Mr. Hotness while your friends took pictures of you while covered in ice packs and scared you might throw up on them (and secretly hoping you do. Just to teach them a lesson)

And that is why I will forever more go down to actual centers ALONE and give plasma. Cause I have the Lamborghini of plasma and lets just admit it...that's freaking cool.

No comments: