Thursday, February 24, 2011

More. Sleep.

The days are shortening. I swear it.



I wake up and bam ten minutes later it's time to go back to sleep. I don't understand it.



I wake up, nice and late, stare at my puppy that sleeps with me. Talk about how cute she is and how warm she is and how I wish she was my boyfriend. And then I shower. I shower quickly even. I don't know what I think about (probably my make believe puppy snuggler boyfriend) and then I dress. Now depending on how late I wake up (it amazes me even) I generally don't have time to do my hair. So I dress and tell my dog I lover her and that I won't make her leave now but if she poops in my room I would kill her. And I go to work. And at work....well I work. Or pretend to work. And sometimes I work really hard to make it look like I'm working. And then I get mad at myself and decide that I should just work. And then I facebook. And I have to reply because...come on....that's just rude not too....I am sitting at a computer. And then I go home.



Now this is where it gets tricky. Because as of late I'm a wanted lady. They need to tell people that when entering the Singles Ward, activities will flourish. Something about not having families to take care of so instead they hang out ALL THE TIME. And I can promise you that if there is a YSA (young single adult) activity, I don't care what time it starts, it will go until midnight. They will FIND THINGS TO DO. Oh what? Dinner's over? Okay let's go bowling. Oh what? No one wants to bowl anymore? Let's go play Murder in the dark at the church. Oh what? People are hungry again? And it never ends.



Now this breaks my heart because I had become quite comfortable with my fate as a lonely spinster and had gotten used to being home and in bed by nine, NINE. The Singles laugh at me. And I scowl at them. Midnight (that's even early most of the time). MIDNIGHT?!?! No. I refuse to do it.



But then those boys look at me (oh how they look!). And I swoon a little (Or say something biting and sarcastic [cause I'm insecure like that]) and generally give in most of the time and have experiences like the post below.



And then I go home. And my time to read scriptures are shot (cause let me tell you unless I am AWAKE and Alert and focused I won't make it one chapter let alone a good hefty hour of solid reading) and my want to run is shot (I may be big and hairy and strong but even I draw a line at running at midnight). And I stare at my alarm clock and try and think over what man drew me in this time (or maybe it was simply the idea that a man might WANT me there that drew me in) before scowling at myself and doing four squats reading two verses saying the quickest 'thank you lord i know I'm imperfect I'll catch up tomorrow' prayer known to man, finding my puppy/pretend boyfriend and falling asleep.

No comments: